Thursday, December 31, 2009

Now I feel sheepish...

SERVICE!
That's the one that I forgot.
And if I want to let myself off the hook, I can because I'm a mom, and nearly everything I do in any given day can be termed service (don't get paid for it, give till it hurts, etc), but my goal for the next while is to try and be tuned in to others around me who might need whatever small bits of love and happiness I can give them. This is going to be a hard one....when overwhelmed (which is ALL the time right now) it's like I have blinders on (self preservation to make sure that I can focus on making it out of the burning building that is my life) and I miss a lot of what's going on around me.  Going to try and get rid of my blinders.....

Happy and Blessed New Year to you all!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It's a good and worthy goal.

In the last year that sometimes when we pull out of "self preservation" and have the brain power to serve others...we save ourselves at the same time.

I hope it works for you too.

Love you Jenn.

Happy New Year!