Friday, February 29, 2008

I am glad for many things....

Gabby is showing an interest in potty training. This is fabulous. I'd love to have one less child in diapers.




She's showing control, but doesn't always tell me she wants to go (except when she's supposed to be in bed asleep) but that's ok. One day at a time. And then she got sick with the stomach flu last week, and so we suffered a minor setback. Still ok, these things happen. I realized the other day that I was pretty glad for some wonderful things. Sunlight gleaming through clean windows - even sunlight gleaming through dirty windows can be nice.




Cans and bottles and boxes of food stacked neatly in closets and small places as an insurance policy. Ward choir and singing. The songs that run through my head all week long.


Sleeping children - one of the most beautiful things to behold on earth is a sleeping child. Digital scrapbooking freebies. The view from my driveway



to the north.....







and to the south.....




55 degree weather. Sophia's smile. I am sooo glad that I have nothing scheduled on my calendar today, when everybody but Sophia is home sick. I am glad for bread rising in the oven (and my mouth is watering). In a nutshell, I am glad for many things, my heart sings.

No comments: